Information that is personally identifiable is linked to an individual instead of a session. We may ask for such information during registration, ordering, or when Users sign up for other services. We use this personally identifiable information to render services, accept payments, track site use, and to communicate with Users. Such information may include name, address (physical/email), phone, type and manner of payment (credit card information).
Users may visit and review publicly available content on our site without having to disclose personal information. It is always possible to remain anonymous. However, should a User decline submission of personal information, some services and activities will be unavailable.
Information that is not linked to a particular person, but tracks activity on the site anonymously, such as with “session cookies,” is collected and maintained to generate site statistics. This may include which pages are visited, browser type and hardware, country of origin, and other data. This is collected without specific User permission and is used to enhance User experience but remains anonymous.
How Information Is Used
Baby Sitting Certification Institute uses information we collect in the following ways:
- To enhance customer service, both in communication and by providing a record of site use.
- To improve User experience through personalization of site content.
- To improve our products and services. By tracking site use, feedback, and other statistics, we can best respond and improve our offerings.
- For financial purposes, to process transactions. Paid services on the site require accurate method-of-payment information and personal information. This helps prevent fraud and ensures timely delivery of services.
- For communication with users. We periodically connect with our Users by email to suggest products or services, or with news related to our site. Users may unsubscribe to these emails at any time. Email addresses Users provide when products are purchased is used to notify Users about the status of their order and to answer questions.
Our reputation as a trusted provider of educational material relies, in part, by publishing the positive reviews we receive from students. Because of this, we will retain and may use reviews and feedback for marketing purposes. Testimonials may include User name and age, and may include general location (city/state), and other relevant information.
We understand User concerns about privacy. Because of this, we use an SSL standard when personal information is transmitted to our site, as well as encryption with “digital signatures.” We have also instituted industry standard, secure data storage mechanisms to avoid unauthorized use or release of private information, including financial information.