Free Learning Center
Free Learning Center
1. What is the best activity to do with children while you’re babysitting?
Anything that keeps them quiet and not crying
Anything that the parents approve
Anything that the parents approve and that you feel you can manage safely
Anything that involves food or games
2. A good way to find your first babysitting job is by:
putting up a flyer at the grocery store
talking to people you already know from church or other activities
posting an ad on Craigslist
none of the above
3. The amount of time you should allow the children to use electronics is:
whatever the parents have said is acceptable in their home
two hours, as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatricians
as long as it takes to keep them quiet until the parents get home
up to the kids
4. If you’re babysitting older children, what is one thing you should do to keep the parents informed?
keep track of the basics: mealtime and bedtime, for instance
text them at least twice an hour
post lots of pictures on your Facebook account
write down every time the kids use the bathroom
5. Is asking questions a good idea at the start of a new babysitting job?
No, because you want to show that you’re confident.
No, because it makes you look stupid.
Yes, because you want to show off everything you know.
Yes, because you’re not expected to know everything.
6. When you discipline a child that you’re babysitting, you’re really trying to:
teach him what is right and wrong
make him feel bad for what he did
make yourself not feel angry
force him to do what you want
7. What information will a 911 operator definitely ask for?
what kind of emergency you’re having
what you had for breakfast
how many years you’ve been babysitting
where the nearest hospital is
8. One way to show that you’re ready to Be Responsible is:
using lots of emojis when you answer texts from the “client”
filling out an emergency contact sheet
giving the client an update every five minutes during the job
showing up three hours early for the job
9. Which of these is a sign of a serious head injury?
blood or fluid coming out of the nose or ear
a small bump on the scalp
10. A great way to Be Fun is:
buy lots of gifts for the children
try to remember what you liked to do when you were the kids’ age
let the kids stay on the computer all day long
all of the above